The brains behind Echo Editorial is a New-York-based editor with more than ten years of experience in the publishing industry. She has a BA in English from the University of Massachusetts. She has worked in various capacities for several major publishing companies. As a freelancer, she’s an experienced copyeditor and proofreader and has recently also done developmental editing for fiction and content development for middle school level textbooks.
For more information or to talk about work for hire, contact me!
- Works as editor and project manager for a textbook packager, working primarily on books on writing for elementary grades.
- Works as content developer for e-learning company, writing and editing online tutorials
- Works as freelance editor for major publishing, editing novels for pacing, plot, consistency, characterization, as well as grammar, spelling, punctuation, and other aspects.
- Worked for five years on college-level science texts, primarily in biology and chemistry. Managed editorial and production work on a series of non-majors chemistry books explaining basic concepts. Copyedited chemistry problem sets.
- In addition to editorial work, she has drafted contracts, researched art, and cleared permissions.
- Acted as editorial consultant for an IT firm.
- Freelanced as copyeditor or proofreader on nonfiction books for several major publishers.
- Clients include: W. W. Norton, St. Martins, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Pearson Education
I am very interested in the coming revolution in publishing and the advent of ebooks. I am passionate about the written word.
In addition to editorial work, I am a published writer myself. I also run a writing critique group in New York and have acted as municipal liaison—a volunteer event-coordinator position—for National Novel Writing Month.
I want to see writers succeed and therefore want to help them polish manuscripts to get them ready for publication. Even if you’re not published, you can contact me to discuss rates for editorial work.